- Darlinghurst is an incredible place to work with a fun, friendly and supportive atmosphere. Strong leadership has created a culture that is passionate about delivering exciting learning experiences, but keeps the safety, well-being and happiness of staff, families and children at the centre of everything that happens. It's a joy to see the children develop in the years they are with us witnessing them become capable and confident. Our families are engaging, encouraging their children to learn. We have regular positive feedback which benefits us all. It is such a privilege to do a 'job' that I love.
- Darlinghurst Academy is such a warm,
supportive place to work. I feel privileged to be able to spend my days with
such wonderful children and amazing staff. My own children are way past primary
age but if they were I wouldn't hesitate to send them to our fantastic school.
- Darlinghurst is a fantastic place to
work. We have a strong and committed team of senior leaders, teachers, LSAs,
middays and admin staff who truly care about each child. Everyone is committed
to ensuring that the children receive a rich, diverse and engaging curriculum.
We work closely together to ensure every child's emotional and academic needs
are met. Staff build caring and nurturing relationships with children to ensure
that they meet their full potential. Also, one of Darlinghurst's strengths is
that we have a dedicated team of specialist teachers that are devoted to ensure
children lead healthy lives, are creative, want to keep fit and take an
interest in the great outdoors. Our children are truly engaged an interested in
the world around them, proving themselves to be critical thinkers and
responsible citizens of the multicultural country in which we live.
- Having worked in several other good
schools I can say without a doubt that Darlinghurst is a great place to work.
We have a leadership team that supports all staff in their pursuit of caring
for and educating the children of Darlinghurst from Nursery through to Year 6
and beyond. Pupils at Darlinghurst know, that when they walk through the gates
they are in a safe haven where their wants and needs are listened to and
catered for whenever possible. The team at Darlinghurst are always willing to
go the extra mile!
- I not only work at Darlinghurst academy
(where I've been for 8 years) but both of my boys have been with me at the
school on their academic journey. I chose Darlinghurst for them as there was
such a welcoming atmosphere when I first arrived and there is so much outside
space for the boys to let off steam. I was then lucky enough to get a job as
the nursery manager, where I have been ever since. My eldest son is now at
grammar school and my youngest just took his 11+ hoping to get a place
alongside his big brother, and this is all thanks to the care and imaginative
teaching they received from each and every one of their teachers. These
teachers are also my friends and colleagues, and what I love most about my job
at Darlinghurst is the wonderful fun and caring people I work with every day! I
love my job, I love my Darlinghurst family, and I love the care that they gave