The Daily Routine at Darlinghurst
School opening times
- Our school day is 8.40am to 3.30pm
- The school gates are open at 8.15am and locked again at 8:50am.
- At the end of the school day the gates are opened at 3.10pm and are locked at 4.30pm.
- The classrooms are open from 8.40am. The register must be closed by 8.50am. If your child comes in after this time, they will be marked in as being late.
- The school day ends at 3.30pm. It is important to collect your child promptly.
Please let the teacher or the office know if someone else is collecting your child. We will not your child leave school if we are unsure or have not been informed of a change of usual arrangements.
- Classes have breaks as required.
- A healthy snack is provided for all children in reception.
- Lunch is between 12.00pm and 1.00pm.
Key Stage 1
- Break is between 10.15am and 10.30am.
- Lunch is between 12.15pm and 1.15pm.
Key stage 2
- Break is between 10.30am and 10.45am.
- Lunch is between 12.30pm and 1.30pm
- We have worked hard to improve attendance over the last few years so that it is now in line with national averages. Please help us by doing everything you can to ensure your child is in school every day.
- If your child is going to be absent from school, it is important that you notify the school office by 9.30am. The school telephone number is 01702 719746.
- For further details about Attendance, please see our Attendance page.
- Morning session 8.30am - 11.30am
- Afternoon session 12.10pm - 15.10pm
- Parents should use the gate by the brook and walk across the playground to get to the nursery. For safeguarding reasons, this gate is opened at 11.25am and locked when the last parent has left. If you are late, please walk round to the main school office and a member of staff will take your child to the nursery.