Children who are applying for a place in Reception at Darlinghurst for the next academic year should apply to Southend Borough Council.
After the end of August each year, the waiting lists are handed to our school and the admission process becomes the responsibility of Darlinghurst Academy. For more details of this admission process, please see the Primary Schools Admissions Booklet for the appropriate year. A copy is held in the office by Mrs O'Connor, Admissions and Attendance Manager .
As Darlinghurst is an Academy Trust, all other In-Year admissions are handled by the Admissions Team here at school.
The school prioritises admission of children under certain criteria:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children.
- Pupils who live in the catchment area served by the school and who have an older sibling attending the school.
- Pupils who live in the catchment area served by the school.
- Pupils who live outside the catchment area served by the school and have an older sibling attending the school.
- Pupils who live outside the catchment area served by the school.
If Darlinghurst Academy is named in a child's Statement of Special Needs or an early health assessment (EHA) plan, the school and the Local Authority have a duty to admit the child.
In the case of over subscription in any one category, "straight line" distance will be used to measure the distance from the child's home address to the nearest pupil entrance of the school. Distances will be measured using a computerised system, with those living closer to the school receiving the higher priority.
All of this information needs to be considered before an application form is completed.
Should you need any help or guidance with this process, please contact Mrs Lowe on 01702 509205 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
We take children into our Nursery from the term following their 3rd birthday. Nursery Admissions Policy
For an application form and further information please contact Mrs Lowe, Admissions on 01702 509205 or email@example.com