Parental Engagement and Community Links at Darlinghurst School
At Darlinghurst School we are fully committed to successful parental engagement and making effective home school links. We aim do this in a number of ways.
· We have our school website http://darlinghurst.uk/school which is regularly updated and contains a wealth of information for parents and carers about the school.
· Parent / Carer workshops are frequently run by the school and are based on feedback received from parents. Some examples of the workshops run are 'Phonics and Reading', 'Healthy Lunchboxes', 'Maths' and 'Enjoying your children'.
· There is an open door policy where parents are encouraged to come in and speak with the teachers if needed about any issue at all.
Your views about the school are important to us
If you are a registered parent or carer of a pupil at the school you can tell us your views about the school by completing Ofsted's online survey, Parent View, at www.parentview.ofsted.gov.uk
· We have a vast array of community links at Darlinghurst which we seek to exploit as much as possible. We have had visits from a range of outside providers in order to enhance the curriculum delivery the children receive such as; Bollywood dancing, safer internet use workshops and the local fire service.
· Giving back to the community is also a focus for us at Darlinghurst School. For example we support various charities across the year including 'HARP' and 'Children in Need'.
· The residents of Admiral Court have also been to have coffee mornings and lunches with some of our children.
Leading Parent Partnership Award
· Darlinghurst ACADEMY has successfully attained The Leading Parent Partnership Award
· Through this award, schools can meet a number of longer term success criteria, such as improved pupil progress, punctuality, attendance and behaviour and increased parental involvement in school life.
· Using the evidence portfolio, leaders can easily demonstrate to Ofsted inspectors and other stakeholders, that the school has an outstanding and sustainable programme for parental engagement.